An exciting opportunity for a full-time role based in Godalming, Surrey.
We’re now hiring for an experienced Shopify developer. You will be working directly with our designers, primarily working with the Shopify platform to develop and enhance the customer-facing web applications for our products.
You will be joining an informal and friendly work environment within fantastic central Godalming based offices, alongside a lively and creative team. You will enjoy flexible working hours, conference visits, 23 days + public holiday per year, birthday day off/bonus, free beverages, fruit and sometimes, biscuits. And there are always opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues, as well as dedicated time to learn new technologies, frameworks and languages.
Our offices are a 5-minute walk from the station in Godalming, Surrey, allowing easy commutes by train from anywhere on the Portsmouth to Waterloo mainline. Godalming is also on many major bus routes. We have free, secure, covered cycle / scooter and motorbike space. There is ample parking in Godalming in easy walking distance too.
Ideally, you'll have
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing for the Shopify platform
- Strong knowledge of using code repository (SVN/Git)
- A keen eye for design and a passion for creating the best UX - you care about making your apps look and work beautifully
- Experience in working alongside digital designers
- Superb attention to detail, and pride in your beautifully clean, structured code
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Great verbal and written communication skills, we have to support and troubleshoot everything we make too :)
You might also have some of these skills
- Experience with databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Knowledge in at least one MVC framework (Ruby on Rails/Sinatra/Symfony etc.)
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, CodePen, Webflow
- Experience with object oriented software development (preferably Ruby)
- General knowledge of security & GDPR
- Good knowledge of social media API’s, Open Graph & Twitter cards
If you can send us examples of projects you've built or worked on, we'd love to take a look. And if you fancy an informal chat about the role, let's get the ball rolling.